Pages

Friday, May 20, 2011

It’s Saturday Somewhere…Did the World End?

I am bemused over the hype a so-called pastor has received as a result of his prophetic announcement that the world will end on Saturday, May 21, 2011. Since it is Saturday somewhere, I suppose all is well…until the next announcement.

My thoughts are at once sacred and profane. Most of what I have “left to do” is not compulsory. But just for fun and now that I am certain that I will be around to pay another month’s worth of bills, I pause to consider a few things that I would leave undone if the world met its predicted demise sometime tomorrow...

I’d never remarried. Again, this wasn’t a requirement, but it would have been nice to settle down with “the one” and manage to get it right once and for all.

I‘d miss owning that sports car; just big enough for me and my purse.

I’d have no grandchildren. That’s okay. I’ll never be old enough to be someone’s “Granny”.

My novel would go unpublished. I guess now I need to get an agent.

I’d  miss the Thunder beat the Bulls for the NBA championship.  Stay tuned. I’m not a pastor, but I think I’m right on this one. (O.K. I was wrong, but unlike the pastor, I am not issuing a new prediction).

I’d miss the 2011-12 NFL season. May miss it still. That would be the end of my world. Go Steelers!

Who wins “Celebrity Apprentice”?  

I’d miss Sarah Palin’s 2012 run for the White House. ..or would I?

All the unread books!  All of the unwritten books and essays!  Will there be pen, paper and book where I’m going? Where exactly am I going? Are we having fun yet?

Alas, we’re still here. Discover and live out your purpose.

Selah,

Camille