Pages

Friday, October 14, 2011

Passion Speak

I fear that “passion” may one day be reduced to a common emotion, much the same way that “love” has been in some instances relegated to a place absent of its most mystical meaning.

People describe their “passion” for one thing or another, as a matter of routine these days; as if having an emblazoned desire for their purpose is the latest fad.

Most disheartening, I think, is that most of the talk about passion is just talk. Whether on my daily trek to my office or in casual conversation, people are talking, and very few are taking action. The excuses for not acting on ideas, utilizing talents or maximizing opportunities laying in wait are compelling, mundane and many times without sufficient merit.

My decision to follow my passions (writing and teaching) was thoughtful, enthused and tenacious. But most important, it was absolutely necessary. I am responsible for my happiness, and I owe the Creator the recompense of my talent, creativity and intellect. Every sentence that I fashion; every poem that I compose; and every book that is realized by my hand is an offering. It is my honor to present them to the audience of Universe.

I am hopeful for the “passion of passion”; that its meaning and truth are never bent beyond recognition. I promise to do my part to retain passion’s mystery; and to let love have its way; to not be complicit in their demise in my world. I invite you to do the same.

Selah,

Camille