Pages

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

On Finding Real Love

“I'm looking for love. Real love.
Ridiculous, inconvenient, consuming,
can't-live-without-each-other love…”
(Carrie Bradshaw; "Sex in the City", HBO)

I watched “Sex in the City” every Sunday night during its run on HBO only to have this timely and poignant line escape me until recently. To analyze the psychology behind this quote flying over my head with the thrust and turbulence of a 757 accomplishes precious little. The quote stands before me now, awaiting both my acknowledgement and call to action. 

2011 will go down as the year that I tried to find, define, shape and compartmentalize “love”. Thanks to the objectivist’s musings of Ayn Rand, I have a definition of love that satisfies my intellect. Offerings from Eckhart Tolle and Dr. Wayne Dyer, helped me to see the roles, past and present that I play in the successes and failures of what is considered a game by many; an idea in which conceptually I take quite seriously.
 
As a new year begins, I move forward, having arrived at two important realizations:

1)   “Love”, like the Creator, is not lost; it is and lives in infinity. It is ever-present and requires no pursuit or discovery;

2)   As an offspring of the Universe, I am the “Love” that I seek: I am the love of my life.

Within this heightened level of consciousness, my challenge is to truly be the “Love” which is the core of my essence; my spiritual DNA, if you will; an undertaking that requires an awareness that is easily lost in a world gripped by fear, careless perception and its own agendas, intended and otherwise.

This occasion of continuance finds me better than I once was and promises that I am all that the Universe intends me to be. 

I am all that I ever wanted; Love…real love.

Selah,

Camille